Former Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for Culpeper County with extensive experience advocating on behalf of injured victims in both civil and criminal cases.
Jonathan Slater rejoined Burnett & Williams in 2018 working in the firm’s Orange, Virginia office. Jonathan represents people that have been injured due to the carelessness of others. He believes in preparation, hard work, and the fearless pursuit of justice. Jonathan previously worked with Burnett & Williams from 2010 to 2013 before relocating to Central Virginia.
With meaningful experience in both the public and private sectors, Jonathan brings a unique perspective to personal injury practice. As a former prosecutor, Jonathan worked exclusively prosecuting violent crimes against women. He went on to serve as the Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for Culpeper County, Virginia, a role in which he continued to embrace a passion for cases involving victims of violent crime. As an injury attorney, Jonathan demonstrates an appreciation for the profound impact that injuries have on individuals, their families, and loved ones.
Jonathan’s dedication to his clients is evident in every step of the case process. He takes the well-being of his client’s personally and believes that a healthy attorney-client relationship is the foundation of every exceptional result. In his free time, Jonathan enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons on their small farm in Madison County. He is also a classically trained musician, home chef, and outdoorsman.
- ATTORNEY, BURNETT & WILLIAMS, ORANGE, VA 2018 – PRESENT
- ATTORNEY, SLATER & SMITH, ORANGE, VA 2016 – 2018
- SENIOR ASSISTANT COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY, CULPEPER COUNTY, VA, 2014-2015
- ASSISTANT COMMONWEALTH’S ATTORNEY, CULPEPER COUNTY, VA, 2013-2014
- ATTORNEY, BURNETT & WILLIAMS, LEESBURG, VA, 2010-2013
- JURIS DOCTOR, SUFFOLK UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL, BOSTON, MA 2008
- BACHELOR OF MUSIC, RADFORD UNIVERSITY, RADFORD, VA 2003
- VIRGINIA STATE BAR
- VIRGINIA TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
- ORANGE COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
- VIRGINIA DIVERSITY FOUNDATION