Hiring a personal injury lawyer in Leesburg to represent you may make sense. If an accident has seriously injured you or a loved one, you may worry about how you and your family will make it through the medical and financial obstacles you face. Like many, you may feel pressured to alleviate immediate worries by settling for less than you are entitled to.
With a professional on your side, you will feel supported while you deal with the at-fault party, their insurance company, and possibly lawyers. You will also know that your lawyers will fight to ensure you receive the total compensation you are entitled to.
As you begin to research law firms, you may notice some personal injury law firms are national and advertise in local markets. There is a local advantage when you select a firm that is part of your community.
- A local lawyer will know the laws in your region, including statute of limitations, insurance regulations, assignment of fault, and compensation limits.
- A local personal injury lawyer is well-known in your community. They have worked with neighbors, friends, and community members. Getting a referral and checking references with members of your community helps ensure that you have the best match for your case.
- A local personal injury lawyer is readily accessible for face-to-face meetings. They can also connect with witnesses and medical professionals in your area without lengthy and expensive travel. If your injury affects your mobility, having representation nearby is beneficial.
- A local personal injury lawyer has established relationships with other professionals in your community. They can secure expert witnesses to support your case and know firsthand who is well respected and can provide credible testimony.
- Should your case go to trial, local personal injury lawyers are familiar with the local court system, practices, and customs.
Pursuing a Personal Injury Claim in Leesburg
If you have decided that you want to pursue a personal injury claim in the greater Leesburg area, the first step will be to schedule a free initial consultation with a personal injury law firm.
Burnett & Williams has offices in the heart of the Leesburg Historic District. Leesburg is situated in Loudoun County, one of America’s fastest-growing counties. Our Leesburg office is convenient for residents of Ashburn, Leesburg, Middleburg, Sterling, Reston, and surrounding areas.
In your initial consultation, we will review your case, including the accident details, the extent of your injuries, and your financial and non-financial losses. We will answer your questions and help you determine if representation is right for your case.
Once you have secured representation, your lawyer will take the lead with the other party’s insurance company. If needed, they may conduct an independent investigation and secure witness testimony. They will help maximize your settlement, factoring in your current and future needs. They will take care of all the paperwork, correspondence, and negotiations. You won’t have to worry about missed deadlines.
A personal injury lawyer in Leesburg will help ensure you get the monetary compensation you are entitled to. With the legal side of your claim under their expert oversight, you and your family can focus on rebuilding your lives after a catastrophic, life-threatening car accident.
Contact Us Today
If you have sustained serious injuries in an accident, you and your family shouldn’t have to worry about your current bills and financial future. The right lawyer can help you focus on what’s important: healing and restoring your life.
Burnett & Williams is one of Virginia’s oldest and most recognized personal injury law firms. Our local attorneys are well-respected members of the Leesburg community. One of the ways we support the Leesburg community is through the Ampersand Pantry Project, which partner Peter Burnett founded. Ampersand Pantry Project provides help to people in Northeast Leesburg who unexpectedly find themselves in need of food and other personal essentials. During the COVID-19 shutdown, Ampersand provided over 130,000 lunches to those in need, no questions asked, seven days a week. We are experts in personal injury cases and have a proven track record. Contact us today for a free consultation.