The larger the claim, the tougher the insurance companies are to deal with. Some of the rules surrounding personal injury law are fairly intuitive, but some are really complex. You can bet that the opposing insurance adjuster will be working to bend the rules in their favor. They will work hard to present a settlement offer that looks attractive, but may be way below the real value of the case.
It is the job of an experienced personal injury attorney to help you navigate your case in the best way possible according to Virginia’s laws. At Burnett & Williams, that includes giving you a free analysis of your case, and letting you know when it is in your best interest to process a claim on your own.
Here are some specific things a personal injury attorney can do for you:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in your case, including an accurate assessment of the costs, liabilities, and real case value.
- Negotiate on a level playing field with adjusters and opposing counsel to resolve your case as quickly and expertly as possible.
- Help you find the appropriate doctor to receive the medical care you need so that physical damage caused by the accident is fully addressed.
- Summarize treatment records and past, present and future expenses.
- Respond to requests of the opposing party.
- Keep you informed of next steps and progress.
- Coordinate with expert witnesses to verify opinions.
- Prepare you for mediation or trial.
If you have been injured in Virginia and think you may need a lawyer, you can ask for a free consultation at any time.